Monday, June 22, 2009

This may be the last time I explain the days, so please take note

As many of my Facebook friends know, on October 17th 2008, I elected to change the titles for seven of the days of the week. I was sick of the fact that all days of the week end in a "Y" letter.

So now each day ends with the first letter from the name of the previous day. E.g. Thursday, now known as Chursdaw... where the "W" actually comes from the day just prior which was previously known as WednesdaY...see, isn't that "Y" letter at the end annoying? I’ll explain the “C” at the front of each day a little later.

And, since there is no easy way to abbreviate the days under this new “C” structure, for all of the days of the week you will now have to use several letters. E.g., For Cuesdam (formerly Tuesday) you will have to use CUE as the abbreviation because Cundas (formerly Sunday and now abbreviated CUN) starts with a CU too. This is only slightly more annoying than the previous T vs. TH abbreviations for the artists formerly know as Tuesday and Thursday.

Moving along… in addition to the new mandatory names for the days, I am publishing a listing of my publication schedule for my “glob.” Since today is Condas and my schedule calls for only a few words, I am going to pretty much stop this entry after the schedule and maybe one additional paragraph.

Condas - "Maybe just a few words. But not a lot of total characters being typed because my fingers hurt"
Cuesdam - "Animals that I have recently seen and either avoided or tried to pet"
Cednesdat - “Other Random Stuff"
Chursdaw - "Interesting things that my iPhone told to me”
Cridat - "True or False"
Caturdaf - "Stock Market Stuff" or "The World"
Cundas - "Membership Drive"

An FYI revisit of further rationale behind the changes:
I restarted each day of the week with a "C" letter. Why? It's kinda simple.

#1 - I figured all the days previously ended with the same letter for a reason, so I wanted to keep some sense of order in the new layout. But this change had to be slightly more confusing than the previous days all ending with a “Y.”
#2 - The letter "C" fit with a lot of the new names naturally. Read ‘em again. It’s true.
#3 - It is the name of my daughter's favorite monkey bobble-head silky blanket thingy that she always carries around.
#4 - I laughed out loud the first time I said "Caturdaf" in my head - that's just funny.
#4b - My first name starts with a "C"

I am still thinking about what to do with the "DA" that also appears in every name of days of the week as the second and third to last letters - which is residual from "DAY" by the way. But for now, I don't notice it as much in the new layout.

Below are random words to test the strength of the ads that appear on my glob:
Hmmmm, Holy, House, Mouse, Apple, Liver, Worst

No comments:

Post a Comment