Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hooray for Ford

I only read the topline of the news about the fact that Ford Motor Company turned a nice profit in Q2.

Go figure. GM and Chrysler both went bankrupt this year after taking billions of our tax dollars and Ford is making good money.

My take is that they have always been the best US car company and despite not liking a lot of what Ford does from a styling standpoint, they are the only American car that I'll ever buy. I have a Lincoln LS now (a Ford product) and I love it. Also, my Poppy (grandpa) worked for Ford for many years and I kinda feel like I should be loyal to them. Not to mention that they stuck to their guns and said "No bailout money for us mr. commie government" and kept their business going old fashioned style... with smart choices and hard work.

Check out my July 1st globbing if you want to get more of my perspective about BS bailouts and the like.

Anyway, here are a few of my favorite song quotes from 2 bands. Can you name them?
"Can't buy what I want because it's free..."; "What no man can own, no man can take..."; and "I don't question our existence, I just question our modern needs..."

They've always been favs of mine, but they just seem to to be very relevant these days.

Don't buy crap you don't need. That's why it's called crap.
Don't spend money you don't have. That's why it's called money.
Enjoy what you got that's free, like family, freedom and love.
Take a hike instead of watching TV.
And if you are down about your circumstances, change them.
Luck isn't about chance or quick profit, it's about being ready when opportunities arise.

Have a great day globbers.

3 comments:

  1. J.Jergens from CbusJuly 23, 2009 at 12:53 PM

    Wow, posting a glob at 4:47am. It's hard to think that early isn't it. There is a reason why American cars are failing and it's the same reason why America itself is failing...it's the PEOPLE !!! There has been a major shift in "it's all about me" over the past 15 years and people in general just aren't as nice as in years past. We all want more and it will never be enough. There needs to be a movement started that gets us back to the "old days" where people actually helped people, without a monetary gain. A place where dinner time means everyone sitting together and talking. The one thing all car companies need to realize is that there are only so many people that can own a car and when you don't come up with anything new or exciting, then there comes a time when enough is enough. I mean where are our flying cars already????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Christian.

    The first lyric is off of Pearl Jam's Vitalogy album and the song is Corduroy - one of my faves as well.

    The second, naturally, is U2 - Yahweh.

    Peace, my brotha.
    xoxoxo

    Steph D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops - sorry, I forget about the 3rd!!!

    That would be Pearl Jam as well - Garden.

    Thanks - that was funzies.

    Love your BESTIE,
    Steph D
    xoxo

    P.S. - I know I have to sign up for your blog still.

    ReplyDelete