Friday, July 17, 2009

Today is the day before Caturdaf

Happy day everyone.

Today's pre-planned topic is "True or False" but I am not sure I have anything interesting to add on that front.

I will tell you that ENR is doing well this week. Again, this is not a reco, but I think the stock will continue to perform well. See the 5 day chart to right.

Item #2 for discussion... An update to the gooey sour cream question from a couple of days ago: I have not been able to find out why it gets all juicy after its first use. Anyone? Bueller?

Okay, let's do true or false. Many people do not like Target, the store with the red self-titled logo, because of rumors that they are French-owned and that they do not support the military.

I think these are rumors started by middle-class American husbands because their wives are obsessed with shopping at that hell-hole. Had I thought of the idea, I would have started the rumors myself. But I would have added some other details about airborne diseases and rat droppings. That might keep my wife away.

Seriously, she can't spend less than $100 every time she walks in there. In fact, I'd say that the average bill in the last 10 trips is within $2-$4 of exactly $100. (60% of the time, it works every time). How is that possible? Those french marketing people must be very good at what they do.

Anyway, below is a link to a snopes.com article that debunks most of the rumors. My guess is that the whole thing started over the Salvation Army not being allowed to ring bells there.



P.S. I bought a purple t-shirt at Target last week for $8. I really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment